Wednesday Words of Wisdom


I recently ran across this banner on a blog. What a thought provoking phrase...
I know from my life, it can be easy to get so wrapped up in living life I overlook the joy and blessings that are right in front of my face each day.
I'd love to hear how you find the joy and blessing in each day.
What do you do when you slip up and forget to notice?
How do you get back on track?

We are fast approaching the holiday season friends and our daily schedules will soon be filled with even more responsibilities, duties, parties, baking, shopping, singing, traveling, visiting, packing, unpacking, wrapping, unwrapping, cleaning and on and on and on....

If it's easy to overlook the joy and blessing today, how will we ever take notice as we approach the holiest of days ahead?

Here's a wonderful site that is a joy and a blessing for sure.
I hope you'll find some time to find the joy and blessing in this site.




2 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Finding joy and blessing. You know, that reminds me of one of my favourite quotes: "When you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will". (From the movie, "Pollyanna".)

The reverse is also true: when you look for the good expecting to find it, you surely will.

Over the past 6 months especially, I am finding good in a not good season. I never would have imagined I could find "good" in surgery, hysterectomy, stage 3 ovarian cancer diagnosis, chemotherapy, loss of hair, illness, side effects, compromised immune system, living quarantined for months, a cancelled trip, withdrawing my registration from "She Speaks"...seriously, the list goes on and on...BUT...Zoe, there is so much good!

If we surrender to the Lord for the process He is taking us through, it has to be good, because God is good. I love that song by Laura Story, "Sometimes our blessings come through raindrops, sometimes our healing comes through pain..." There are blessings in brokenness. I would never want to trade the intimacy I have come to have with the Lord along this journey (crying now). I started making a list while I was in the hospital in May of the blessings in God's "no's"...sweet friend...my list is long. There is joy if we are willing to see it. It's a heart's alignment and a desire and choice to say, "Lord, show me Your good in today".

It's not easy, and I have cried many, many tears, but God has never left me for one moment and that alone brings me blessing and joy.

I love you my friend. You also bring my heart so much delight.
Hugs,
Joy

Blogger Jennifer Dougan said...

Hi Zoe,

Yes, I agree that Ann Voskamp's writing and book are phenomenal! Grace counting has been wonderful for me this year.

Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits