Beautiful Treasures
Oh Lovelies,
I'm so excited to share this amazing project my sweet friend Gwen has put together for me.
Gwen is one of those sweet friends that will help you with anything!!
She is not only gracious and precious, she is one of the most talented women I know.
She can see beauty in anything and everything, no matter how worn or torn it might be.

I've had a large white pre-lit wreath for years, but never knew quite how to decorate it.
I've hung this wreath is different rooms over the years and dressed it in a number of different colors and themes, but I think you will agree that what Gwen has put together
is well... just stunning.
BUT wait, here's the BEST part.
Gwen only spent $24.00. That's right friends, Gwen put this together for less than $25.00.
How did she do that?
Gwen volunteers at a local Habitat Restore and regularly shops our GoodWIll stores where she finds the most wonderful treasures.
That's where Gwen found everything for my wreath.

Before I reveal Gwen's FABULOUS handiwork... think about the spiritual application of what
my friend Gwen did for me.
Seeing beauty in the worn, tattered and torn.
Scouring the "forgotten" and "thrown away" for treasures.
Scooping up throw "aways" to be used for something beautiful.
Isaiah 43:19
"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." (NIV)

Isaiah 64:8
“But now, O Lord, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You our potter;
and all we are the work of Your hand.” (NIV)









1 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Your wreath is absolutely stunning! It's simply gorgeous!

I am reminded of this chorus:
"Something beautiful, something good
All my confusion He understood
All I had to offer Him was brokeness and stife
But he made something beautiful of my life."

May others see the beauty of Christ in me and may my life shine in the darkness, sharing His glory.

You are a beautiful treasure my friend,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits