Stormy

Happy Monday my lovelies,

Each of us has experienced the "storms of life" and I'm confident each of us has more than one story to tell. When I think about "storms of life" I think of a number of things our family has weathered. What about you friend, what storms can you share that challenged your spiritual foundation?

Luke 6:46, "He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well
built." (NIV)

Matthew 7:25-27, "The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” (NIV)

I've been studying this parable in these two books of the New Testament and I'm struck by many things. Today I'd like to rest on the fact that both houses were subjected to the same storms.
What words of wisdom can you share on the exhortation to build your house on a firm foundation?




1 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Good morning to another "lovely".

Sweet friend I just wrote about this the other day to someone. Yes, both experienced storms. The house on the "Rock" is not immune, but it certainly has the right foundation.

I think my life right now is a perpetual storm...gracious it's almost unrelenting, but I do have a shelter. I don't have to stand out in it. It's still going on all around me, but the Lord has put a big umbrella over my head, and as the rains continue to beat down, He is holding me. When you share one umbrella you have to be close or someone gets wet. The Lord is drawing me so very close to His heart while the storm rages. I feel damp. My hair is getting frizzy (well, actually, it isn't, 'cause I don't have any...but you know what I mean and the picture I'm trying to convey)...but I know at any moment He could speak "peace be still" and the winds and waves calm.

Holding on through the storms,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits