Quiet Time


Psalm 61:1-4,

Hear my cry, O God;

listen to my prayer.

From the ends of the earth I call to you,

I call as my heart grows faint;

lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

For you have been my refuge,

a strong tower against the foe.

I long to dwell in your tent forever

and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.


Ten years ago today the events that transpired caused our country to be filled with disbelief, shock and anger. Perhaps you prayed for the Lord to be near to those who began this day like any other, but now have been taken from their loved ones. That He would send His spirit of comfort to those left behind and that He would bestow extraordinary wisdom, courage and strength to those in charge.

I will admit that in the first days after this tragedy I had to remind myself that God never turns a blind eye to anything, especially evil. This did not catch Him off guard or by surprise. He knew about this tragedy before the foundation of the world and He understands the depth of our grief.

As we remember this day, I would encourage each of us to look to the Lord, Who IS our very present help and refuge in the time of storm.

While we should never forget the tragedy of this day, we should NEVER forget that

God is in Control.

Psalm 46: 1-11,

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way

and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

though its waters roar and foam

and the mountains quake with their surging.

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,

the holy place where the Most High dwells.

God is within her, she will not fall;

God will help her at break of day.

Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;

he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

The Lord Almighty is with us;

the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Come and see what the Lord has done,

the desolations he has brought on the earth.

He makes wars cease

to the ends of the earth.

He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;

he burns the shields with fire.

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;

I will be exalted among the nations,

I will be exalted in the earth.”

The Lord Almighty is with us;

the God of Jacob is our fortress." (NIV)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits