Hello my lovelies,
I hope you made the most of your long weekend. Don't you just love a long weekend?
Now that Labor Day is over and we turn the page on a new season I'd love to rest on this verse today.

I'm stopped in my tracks when I think about this verses in its context.

Moses knows, however, that the people need to be reminded of the all-powerful nature of the God who keeps his promises. There are times for moving, and there are times for standing still. Even although the best forces of Pharaoh’s army are closing in on them from behind, Moses tells them that this is a time to ‘stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord’ (14:13), a time to realize that God would fight for them (14:14). Logos Software 4


I don't know about you my lovelies, but when faced with danger, I'm inclined to run, head for the hills, get out of Dodge. I can only imagine how fast their hearts were beating as they watched their enemy close in.

Did you notice what I did in the commentary?

Moses tells them that this is a time to ‘stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord’ (14:13), a time to realize that God would fight for them (14:14)


Think about the life chapter you find yourself today, consider these words from Moses and ask yourself... Is the Lord asking you to "Stand firm and see the salvation of the Lord."?


What are your thoughts?




1 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Sweet friend...I think of how chemo went this time and how I had no control over the reaction or the stopping of the drug. I'm praying that as my hands are tied so to speak, that this was God moving and saying "enough". I trust that as I stand still on His promises (not on my own), He is moving in me, around me and through me to bring about His healing. You see, with not being able to take all the chemo meds, others will see that it's the LORD that brought complete healing. Oh how I pray that is His will for me.

Hugs and love,
In the stillness,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits