When Things Don't Fit
Well, I'm happy to report that most of the kitchen cabinet boxes have been installed and after 5 hours, the granite is almost back in its place atop my new cabinet box frames. These granite installers do fabulous work despite all the heady fumes of adhesive (that are giving me a headache) and custom made base cabinets that are not the correct size. Huh?

I thought all those fumes had gotten to everyone when I heard them say,
"Uh, Mam?" "We have a slight problem." "Your custom made, done been measured ten times cabinets don't fit the existing granite."

Say what? Yep, that's right, sometimes even custom made, done been measured ten times cabinets don't fit. So what's a girl to do? I called in the master carpenter cabinet maker himself and he arrived with tools in hand to cut, push, shove, and cajole his masterpieces until they fit our existing granite pieces.

Now for those of you thinking that I'm Mrs. Got Rocks over here because I can afford custom made, done been measured ten times kitchen cabinets, let me assure you that these cabinets were cheaper than the ones at the local big box home improvement store. Remember we are working off the tiniest of budgets afforded us by the insurance company.

Enough for the disclaimer, let's get back to the theme of this post.

For those of you on this journey of change with me I have to ask you:
Are you finding things in your former life that just don't fit any more?
Has all of this life change required some cutting, pushing, shoving and cajoling?
Have you called in the Master Carpenter Jesus and the Professional Installer the Holy Spirit to help you in this endeavor?
I do hope you will encourage us with your thoughts.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits