Improvement
New Year's Resolutions seem to be "The Thing To Do" each year. People tend to review the events of the past year, see their shortcomings and "resolve" to do better in the coming year.
Instead of making resolutions this year I'm choosing to make a list of "improvements", but as I make my list, it seems to be a lot like last years.
Continue to improve my fitness level
Spend more quality time with friends
Last but certainly not least Dig deeper into God's word.

Now is it just me or what? It seems the more I resolve to improve, the more I seem to stumble on accomplishing some of those improvement goals.
I recently read an article on How to Achieve Your Goals and wanted to share some of the things I'm planning to implement.

1. Make your Goals Specific and write them down

2. Make Realistic Goals
Saying you want to lose 20 pounds in one week is NOT realistic

3 Include a way to measure your success
I do a physical assessment every 3 months to chart my progress

4 Have short-term and long-term goals

5 Be flexible

6 Review your goals periodically
Ask yourself these questions:
How am I doing? Am I still on track?
Which goals am I having success?
Which goals are frustrating?
Are they realistic goals?
Have circumstances changed since I set this goal?
Is this the right "life chapter" to work on this?



If this years list of "improvements" is just like last years be encouraged friend. Remember, these are simply improvements, not promises or laws. You have the power to implement, change or ignore the improvement at anytime.

Last years lack of success is behind you,over and done!'
Today is a brand new beginning



3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I try very hard not to have resolutions because they always seem to fail. I do believe in setting goals for myself. The biggest goal I set for myself last year was to go to She Speaks. I had a great time and gain so much valuable information. I am setting goals this year to become more disciplined in my writing time. I have improved over the last few months but I know I am ABLE to do better. Thanks for being such an encouragment. Have thought and prayed for your family often and it sounds as if it is going better for your son. God Bless.

Blogger Joyful said...

Well...this is like a "Home Improvement" list, as our heart is home to Christ.

I don't tend to make new year "improvement" lists. Don't know if it's because I don't want to fail...because I'm too lazy to make them...because I don't have any goals...or I just honestly never think about it. I do know I want to be closer to the Lord by the end of the year than I am today, so I need to be intentional in that pursuit.

Praying you'll see all your "improvements" come to pass.
Hugs,
Joy

Blogger JottinMama said...

I love brand new beginnings :)

Thanks for the tips!

Have a wonderful day! And blessings to you in 2010!

-Kate :)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits