Decorating for Christmas
Decorate With Bows:
Tie ribbons to chair backs, candlesticks, picks in plants, wreaths, garlands, basket handles, drapery tie-backs, stair railings, and doorknobs.
Choose ribbons in colors and patterns that coordinate with your decorating scheme.

Choose a ribbon that you can untie and re-tie each year. This will save money in the long run, and you'll end up with a good collection.

Use your Christmas dishes for every meal in December.
I begin using my Christmas dishes on the day after Thanksgiving. There are MANY different inexpensive Christmas dishes available. I found mine 15 years ago at an after Christmas sale for pennies a plate.

Turn off the lights as you watch Christmas movies.
Enjoy candle light (I love the new battery operated candles).

Hang holiday wreaths
I hang them inside and out. I hang them on mirrors and in the middle of windows. Adding lights is a great idea as well. You can hide the cords behind the mirror or across the tops of the windows. Better yet, I found wreaths with battery operated lights.

Add some Christmas Aroma
I'm a scented candle freak, but I admit it!
Lighting scented candles is the first thing I do when I get home each day. I've been known to burn through a 100 hour candle in just a few weeks. I know these can be pricey, but after Christmas sales are the best time to stock up. These also make fabulous Christmas gifts for friends and neighbors.

Display a collection of nativity scenes
I have a great collection of these. I even place a nativity scene in the middle of my Christmas Tree to remind us all that Jesus was born to die on a tree.

Pull out your old toy trains

Okay friends, now it's your turn to add to the list.

I can't wait to see what you will suggest.



5 Comments:

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Hey Zoe,

I love hoping around at the different posts.It is great to get ideas for the holidays. Everyone has a great strength they can share. Thanks for the ideas.
I am a candle freak as well. Yankee's are my favorite. Love them.

I am posting tips on my blog as well. Lots about food and planning holiday entertaining.
Hugs,
Diane

Blogger Joyful said...

I enjoy the sights and sounds of Christmas. Don't forget that Christmas music!!!

A fireplace also enhances the season...if you have one :)

Love ya my friend. Thanks for your comment. Just want to say that I'm praying for you.

Hugs,
Joy

Nothing like a good scented candle to warm up your holidays and bring on the decor! Thanks for sharing!

Blogger Sarah said...

We always take one night to go view the christmas lights in our area. Then come home to hot chocolate and christmas cookies.

Blogger Unknown said...

I have a very industrious friend who takes all of her hanging pictures down, wraps them beautifully, and hangs the "presents" back up! Her home is always lovely!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits