Journaling Encouragement
Here are a few verses I wrote in my journal regarding the subject of perseverance.
I know my heart is encouraged today as I meditate on these words.
What verses did you find?


Hebrews 12:1,"God Disciplines His Sons Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." NIV

James 1:4,"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (NIV)

Revelation 2:19, "I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first." (NIV)

I Chronicles 28:20, "David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished." (NIV)


3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I was encouraged by these words in
Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I know when I don't have energy to go on God will renew my strength.

Blogger Joyful said...

Zoe, I do not believe it's a coincidence I'm reading this today. Thanks for the encouragement to persevere.

I read this verse today in my daily reading: (I think if I had another translation, the word would be "persevere".)

"We can rejoice too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love." Romans 5:3-5

Being tried, and wanting to come forth as gold,
Joy

Blogger Julie Zine Coleman said...

My all time favorite:
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Hebrews 10:23

On a different note: I finally made good on the promise to clean out my basement last week. It took three days, 15 large black garbage bags, and 2 1/2 van loads to the Salvation Army, but FINALLY we have purged and the basement is sparse and organized!! I'm so happy.

Now on to the garage??

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits