Fitness Assessment
Okay friends,
Today is the day, in fact in one hour I will be in the midst of my latest fitness assessment at Fitness Together.
It's been a few months since my last assessment and I'm not looking forward to this.
Yikes... blood pressure, heart rate, weight, oxygen saturation after a short run on the treadmill, men's push ups, flexibility and a whole host of other variables.
In my last assessment I did 20 men's push-ups without stopping and just 2 weeks ago I did 30.
THEN one hour later later I have a full training session with Mike the madman.

I'm tired and weary after 10 days straight of work, pre- conference training and She Speaks.
Okay, I'm whining. I know, I know, but I don't want my results to be "less than" they were last time.
I don't want to "go backward" after all the progress we've made this last year.
Twenty pounds and twenty seven inches in twelve months is a HUGE reduction for me and I just don't want to see any numbers today that take away from that.
Okay, so why am I scared? What exactly am I afraid of? So what if I "don't measure up" on this assessment and why do I think my results will be "less then" anyway? I've stayed on track with my eating and my "slip-ups" consisted of 12 Triscuit crackers and a few handfuls of baked veggie chips, but I've only worked out 4 times in ten days. 
I have no clue where this is coming from or why I feel like this.
Oh well... I'm off to face the music and the results. I'll post the good, the bad and the ugly later


Blogger LauraLee Shaw said...

Hope it goes well, Zoe. I'm nervous for you!!!! I've been wanting to try that place out, but alas, I joined the "Y" of these days I'm going to tell a yoga story that humbled me out of my mind!!!

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link


About Me
Proverbs 31

P31 Speaker Blogroll
Previous Posts